- ABM Industries (ABM) 62%
- Applebee’s (APPB) 45%
- Aptar Group (ATR) 45%
- AT&T (T) 57%
- Avon (AVP) 45%
- Bandag (BDG) 55%
- Eaton Vance (EV) 49%
- Energen (EGN) 54%
- EnergySouth (ENSI) 41%
- Family Dollar Stores (FDO) 36%
- Frischs Restaurants (FRS) 68%
- Fuller H B (FUL) 46%
- General Growth Properties (GGP) 58%
- Gorman Rupp (GRC) 64%
- Healthcare Properties (HCP) 46%
- Helmerich and Payne (HP) 41%
- Holly Corp (HOC) 80%
- Johnson Controls (JCI) 43%
- Kimco Realty (KIM) 47%
- McDonald’s (MCD) 40%
- McGrath Rents (MGRC) 45%
- Meridian Bioscience (VIVO) 50%
- Nucor (NUE) 46%
- SEI Investments (SEIC) 51%
- Service Master (SVM) 58%
- Sherman Williams (SHW) 54%
- San Jose Water (SJW) 82%
- Stryker (SYK) 67%
- Supervalu (SVU) 49%
- Telephone Data (TDS) 56%
- VF Corp (VFC) 48%
- Vulcan Materials (VMC) 81%
- West Pharma Svc (WST) 44%
- Wolverine Worldwide (WWW) 44%
As you’ll notice, companies with 10 to 35% returns were not included. However, if they were included during this time frame I would have had to add many more companies to the list. If anyone were to complain about receiving only 30% percent in one year with significantly reduced risk then investing in stocks isn't their cup of tea.
Despite the performance of these stocks I would not buy any of them since they are at or near their 1 year high. I currently hold a large position in Helmerich & Payne which I bought near the 1 year low. I always focus on those stocks that are within 5% of their 1 year low. At that time I determine if the stock is actually worth buying. Once I find another stock that is worth buying I will then jump ship.
Investment Tip: The larger your stake in a particular investment the better. While diversification is the general rule it is only sufficient when you don't understand the risks associated.
2 comments:
Touc,
I think Family Dollars' symbol is (FDO), while (FD) is Federated Department Stores. Not sure which one you are referring to.
OOK
Thanks for the correction Ook. You are right and the change has been made.
Post a Comment